This Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta will be your new favourite weeknight recipe. It is comforting, delicious and easy to make using simple and wholesome ingredients.
Welcome to another pasta recipe on my blog! Oh yeah, another week, another pasta recipe! You know me, I love all kinds of pasta, it is my favourite comfort food. I could eat them all day and every day. Rigatoni, tagliatelle, linguine, lasagna, I love them all!
This vegan roasted red pepper pasta is one of my favourite weeknight dinner recipes. It is creamy, delicious and comes together quickly, although it takes around 30-40 minutes to roast the peppers.
Why you will love this recipe
- super creamy
- easy to make
- only a few ingredients are needed to make
- perfect lunch or dinner idea on a busy days
Vegan roasted red pepper pasta ingredients
To make this easy recipe, you will need:
- Onion & garlic - The base of all my recipes.
- Red bell peppers - You can use store brought roasted red peppers, so the recipe will be quicker, though I roasted my peppers in the oven, which took around 30-40 minutes.
- Vegetable oil - Use a bit to help roast the peppers alongside the onion and garlic.
- Pasta of your choice - I love this recipe with linguine, but you can use any pasta you like.
- Red chilli flakes - For a touch of heat.
- Parsley - Use fresh basil instead of parsley if you prefer.
- Nutritional yeast - It will give you extra creaminess and a cheesy flavour. It is one of my favourite ingredients in almost all my recipes.
- Unsweetened almond milk - You can use vegan cream or any non-dairy milk instead of almond milk, but make sure you are using unsweetened.
- Veggie broth - I usually use hot water and veggie broth paste.
See recipe card for quantities.
how to make this recipe
- First, chop onions, cut the red peppers in half, and peel the garlic.
- Next, add them to a baking tray with a pinch of salt and a bit of oil and bake them at 220 degrees for 30-40 minutes until the red peppers get slightly burned on the edges.
- In the meantime, cook your pasta according to the package instructions. When it's cooked, drizzle a bit of oil and toss it around. ( do not rinse it )
- When the veggies are roasted, let them cool, then add them to the blender with the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the sauce back into the frying pan to warm it up.
- Then add the pasta, and cook together for a few minutes, often stirring so the pasta can absorb the sauce. Add pasta cooking water to thin out the sauce if needed.
- Top with fresh parsley and red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
adds-in and substitutes
- You can use any non-dairy milk or vegan cream instead of almond milk. Just make sure it is unsweetened.
- To make the sauce thicker, add a tablespoon of cornstarch and cook it for a few minutes until it thickens.
- The sauce is naturally gluten-free, so use your favourite gluten-free pasta to keep this dish like it.
how to store and reheat
To store this vegan roasted red pepper pasta, place the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. They will last for about 3-4 days. When you are ready to reheat the pasta, add it to the pan with a splash of unsweetened almond milk or water and reheat over low heat until it's warm. You can put it in the microwave for 1 minute until nice and hot.
you may also like...
If you try this creamy pasta, take a photo of your creation, and please tag me on Instagram @plantnspice #plantnspice because I love seeing your remakes!Print