Creamy and cheesy vegan asparagus tart made with puff pastry is a delicious recipe that is easy and quick to make. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or lunch when you only have a little time in the kitchen.
- 1 puff pastry
- 300 g asparagus
- 100 g vegan créme fraîche
- 50 g dairy-free smoky cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200°C ( 400°F ). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to fit your baking sheet. Place the rolled-out pastry on the prepared baking sheet, and score the edges around the pastry, making sure not to cut all the way through.
- Prick the pastry sheet so it won't bubble up during baking, and set aside.
- Mix the créme fraîche, minced garlic, a pinch salt and pepper, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Spread the mixture evenly over the surface of the puff pastry, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the mixture.
- Arrange the trimmed asparagus spears over the cheese, laying them side by side in a single layer. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake the tart in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the puff pastry is golden brown and the asparagus is tender.
- Once the tart is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Garnish with fresh herbs.
- Cut the tart into slices and serve it warm as an appetizer or a main course.
Feel free to customize this recipe by adding other ingredients like caramelized onions, roasted red peppers or other vegetables for additional flavours.
Enjoy your puff pastry asparagus tart with vegan crème fraîche and cheese!
- When scoring the edges of the pastry, make sure you do not cut them through all the way around.
- The non-dairy milk and turmeric mixture will make the pastry golden brown during baking.
- Make sure to prick the pastry before adding the creamy mixture and sprinkling the shredded cheese so it won't bubble up when baking.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizers, Snack, Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: asparagus tart, puff pastry tart