Are you looking for a leisurely vegan breakfast recipe? You'll love these "eggy" and cheesy quesadillas. Filled with tofu scramble, red pepper, red kidney beans, spinach and vegan grated cheese.
- 1 block firm tofu ( 400g )
- 4 tortillas
- 1 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 handful spinach
- 160g red kidney beans
- vegan grated cheese
- vegan butter
- 150ml plant-based milk / I used oat milk
- nutritional yeast
- black salt / kala namak
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add finely chopped red onion and red bell pepper and cook until softened.
- Then crumble the tofu with your hands, or you can mash it with a fork. Cook it for a few minutes.
- Next, add the spices: Black salt ( which gives you the eggy taste ), turmeric, paprika, garlic granules, nutritional yeast, and mustard and cook for another few minutes.
- Add plant-based milk to make it a bit creamy and less dry.
- Then, add the beans and spinach to the tofu scramble. Add more milk if needed and cook for another few minutes.
- On one-half of a tortilla, add the tofu scramble. Then sprinkle grated cheese over.
- Add a little butter to the pan. Fold the tortilla and cook until golden brown.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, dinner
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: breakfast quesadillas, vegan breakfast quesadillas