These vegan black bean burgers are easy to make, hearty, delicious, and hold together so well that you can even grill them. Perfect for lunch, dinner or for grill and BBQ parties.
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 large onion
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 180 g oat flour
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mash the black beans with a fork or potato masher in a large bowl until they form a chunky paste.
- Add the oat flour, chopped onion, minced garlic, mustard, tomato puree, parsley, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
- Shape the mixture into patties of your desired size. You should get around 4 to 6 patties, depending on your preferred size.
- Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium heat and lightly grease it with oil.
- Place the black bean patties on the grill pan or skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until they are nicely browned and heated.
- While the patties cook, you can toast the burger buns if desired.
- Assemble your burgers by placing each patty on a bun and adding your desired toppings.
Serve your black bean burgers with sweet potato fries, a side salad, or any other sides you prefer.
You can mash your beans with a fork or a potato masher in a large bowl or put them in a food processor to make them quicker. I have tried both ways. Leave bigger chunks in the black bean burger paste to add texture. It also gives a rustic and homemade appearance to the burgers.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner, lunch
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6 burgers
Keywords: vegan burgers, vegan black bean burger, easy vegan black bean burgers