Thai peanut curry with sweet potatoes and tofu is an easy weekday or weekend meal made in one pot. It is a delicious and hearty vegan meal that you and your family will love.
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp ginger
- 600 g / 21.16 oz sweet potatoes
- 250 g / 8.8 oz extra firm tofu
- 1 can / 14 oz coconut milk
- 400 ml / 14 oz veggie stock
- 3 tbsp red curry paste ( add less for less spice )
- 80 g / 2.8 oz peanut butter
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp soya sauce / tamari sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes ( optional )
- First, chop the veggies: onion, garlic, ginger, and sweet potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add onion and stir for a few minutes until it has softened a bit.
- Add grated ( or finely chopped ) ginger and garlic and cook for another few minutes. Stir constantly.
- Now, add the red chilli flakes, turmeric and red curry paste and stir it for 3-5 minutes.
- After that, add sweet potatoes and stir them until well combined.
- Then add the veggie stock and coconut milk, and after a few minutes, pour the peanut butter; bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer with a lid on for about 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are soft. Around halfway, add the tofu to the curry as well.
- Lastly, stir in the tamari and the lime juice. Adjust with salt to taste.
- Serve it with rice, and garnish with parsley, red chilli flakes, lime wedges and crushed peanuts. Enjoy!
Perfect for meal prepping, and like every curry, it tastes even better the next day.
When reheating, add some water so it won't be too thick.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: thai peanut curry, peanut curry, curry recipes