Creamy sweet potato and lentil curry made in one pot using simple ingredients. It's vegan and naturally gluten-free, packed with flavours that the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 3 small sweet potatoes
- 1 can green lentil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 400 ml veggie stock
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 250 ml coconut milk
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, then saute the onion until soft and translucent.
- Add ginger, garlic, curry powder, paprika, turmeric and cumin and cook for 2 minutes. In the meantime, rinse the lentils and chop the sweet potatoes into small pieces.
- Now add the tomato puree and cook for 1-2 minutes. Then add sweet potato cubes and veggie broth. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer with a lid on for about 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are half soft.
- Then add coconut milk and lentils and let simmer until the veggies are soft. At this point, you can add spinach for extra colours and taste.
- Serve it with your favourite side dish. I love it with rice or naan bread.
I recommend drizzling some lime and plant-based yoghurt or sour cream on top.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Cuisine: dairy-free, gluten-free, Indian
Keywords: vegan curry, sweet potato curry, lentil curry, easy curry recipe