Creamy sweet potato and lentil curry made in one pot using simple ingredients. It's vegan and naturally gluten-free, packed with flavours that the whole family will enjoy.
This sweet potato and lentil curry are one of my favourite meals that we have at least once a week. It is easy to make, nutritious, comforting and delicious.
But not only that…Curry is the best way to use up all the leftovers from the fridge, and it comes together really quickly. You can choose different veggies depending on what you have at home.
why you will love this recipe
- it's ready in 30 min or less ( depending on the veggies you use )
- vegan and naturally gluten-free
- it's super nutritious
- easy to make
- perfect idea for meal prep
what you will need to make this sweet potato and lentil curry
- red onion
- sweet potatoes
- green lentil
- veggie broth/stock
- coconut milk
- olive oil
- turmeric, curry powder, cumin, paprika
See recipe card for quantities.
how to make this sweet potato and lentil curry
Sweet potato is my favourite vegetable in curry, but it is optional. It would be great with butternut squash or different kind of vegetables, for example, potatoes, courgette or red/green peppers. Just use whatever you have at home.
- First, you need to chop all your vegetables. Heat a bit of olive oil in a large pan and saute the onion, garlic, and ginger with a pinch of salt.
- Then add the following ingredients: sweet potatoes, veggie stock, and spices. I am using a can of lentils, so it doesn't need too much time to cook. Usually, I add them to the curry at the end when the potatoes are almost soft. If you use another variety of lentils, you need to add them first, and then the sweet potatoes.
- Then add some coconut milk to make it even more creamy and delicious and baby spinach for some greens.
- Serve it with rice or naan bread. Drizzle some plant-based yoghurt on top and enjoy!
This curry is a perfect meal if you're short on time! It tastes even better the next day or a day after. Add extra chilli to have it spicier, or replace the paprika with smoked paprika for the smokey taste.