This easy and creamy vegan sausage pasta is a delicious and easy-to-make midweek family meal that comes together quickly and is perfect for anyone looking for a flavorful and satisfying meal.
- 250 g pasta of your choice
- 6 vegan sausages
- 250 ml dairy-free double cream
- 300 ml vegetable broth
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 4-5 garlic - minced
- 1 canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 handful of spinach ( optional )
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Italian mixed herbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sugar
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside. Save some cooking water for later.
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add the sliced vegan sausages and cook until browned about 5 minutes. Remove the sausages from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, add 1 tbsp oil, the diced onion, red bell pepper and minced garlic. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sausages back to the saucepan, tomato puree and mix everything.
- Add the vegetable broth, canned chopped tomatoes, nutritional yeast, Italian mixed herbs, sugar, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (if using) to the saucepan. Stir well to combine and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low, add half of the dairy-free double cream ( 125 ml ) to the sauce and simmer for about 5 minutes to allow the flavours to meld together and make the sauce silky and creamy.
- At this point, you can add spinach or kale to the sauce ( optional ). Add the cooked pasta to the skillet, the other half of the double cream ( 125 ml ), cooking water if needed and stir well to coat the pasta and sausage with the creamy sauce. Cook for 5-6 minutes until everything is heated and the pasta absorbs the sauce.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with fresh parsley or basil.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add red chilli flakes for the extra heat.
This recipe is customizable, so feel free to add any additional vegetables or seasonings you prefer.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main dishes, Pasta dishes, Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegan sausage pasta, pasta, vegan sausage