Easy and cheesy cashew cheese sauce makes your meals creamy and delicious without any dairy. Quick to make using a few simple ingredients, it is an excellent addition to pasta, rice dishes, potatoes, sandwiches and many more!
- 200g / 7 oz raw cashews-soaked overnight or for 20 minutes in boiled water
- 150 ml / 5.3 oz dairy-free milk or water
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- First, soak the cashews overnight or for at least two hours in water. If you are short of time, add the nuts to a bowl of boiled water and set it aside for 20 minutes.
- Once they are soaked, drain and rinse them.
- Then place the cashews with the rest of the ingredients into a food processor or blender and mix until smooth.
- The consistency depends on the recipe you make it for.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. If you like, add fresh herbs for flavouring. Or make it spicy by adding some sriracha and red chilli flakes.
- Serve. Enjoy!
Use unsweetened dairy-free milk to make the sauce. You don't need any sweetness in your cashew cheese. You can add water instead of dairy-free milk.
To make the sauce super creamy, soak the cashews overnight or for at least two hours in water. However, if you are short on time, 20 minutes in boiled water will do too.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: cashew cheese sauce, cheese sauce, sauces