Easy and cheesy cashew cheese sauce makes your meals creamy and delicious without any dairy. Quick to make using a few simple ingredients, it is an excellent addition to pasta, rice dishes, potatoes, sandwiches and many more!
This cashew cheese sauce it's so rich and creamy that you won't believe it is vegan. I have used this recipe for so long on pasta dishes, sandwiches, nachos, drizzled over fries and many more.
If you are following me on any social media platform or reading my blog for a while, you know I am obsessed with creamy and cheesy recipes. Cream and cheese are one of the best combinations! Am I right?
Speaking about cream and cheese, have you seen these super delicious recipes? Pasta with Vegan Cream Cheese and Cherry Tomatoes, Vegan Pasta Bake, Vegan Cauliflower Casserole with Meat-free Mince. If not, go and check them out!
The last time I tested a new recipe, I used this cheese sauce as one of the meal's main ingredients, and it turned out super tasty, so why not share this super simple and easy recipe with you?
If you are vegan or need to avoid dairy but love cheese, this recipe is for you! It's so delicious, and since it only requires a little time to make, it is one of my favourite recipes or ingredient in my kitchen. You will love it!
This cheese sauce is not only super delicious but also silky, smooth and rich. It is one of the best I've ever had. Once you try it, you'll love it too.
Why you will love this cheese sauce
- Creamy and delicious
- Silky and smooth
- Versatile ( you can use for so many different recipes )
- Easy and quick to make ( soaking the cashews would take a few hours or overnight )
What you will need to make cashew cheese sauce
- raw cashews-soaked overnight or for 20 minutes in boiled water
- dairy-free milk or water
- nutritional yeast
- garlic powder
- lemon juice
See recipe card for quantities.
Use this sauce on pizza, and pasta, drizzle it on fries, nachos or tacos, spread it on sandwiches or use it for mac n cheese. It's so versatile. You can use it for different recipes; the sky is the limit.
how to make cashew cheese sauce
- First, soak the cashews overnight or for at least two hours in water. If you are short of time, add the nuts to a bowl of boiled water and set it aside for 20 minutes.
- Once they are soaked, drain and rinse them.
- Then place the cashews with the rest of the ingredients into a food processor or blender and mix until smooth.
- The consistency depends on the recipe you make it for.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. If you like, add fresh herbs for flavouring. Or make it spicy by adding some sriracha and red chilli flakes.
- Serve. Enjoy!
In the fridge, you can store this sauce in an airtight container for up to 5 days. It will thicken, so you might need to add water to thin it up.
To make the sauce super creamy, soak the cashews overnight or for at least two hours in water. However, if you are short on time, 20 minutes in boiled water will do too.
Use unsweetened dairy-free milk to make the sauce. You don't need any sweetness in your cashew cheese. You can add water instead of dairy-free milk. I tried both, and it was delicious either way.
If you try this recipe, take a photo of your creation, and please tag me on Instagram @plantnspice #plantnspice because I love seeing your remakes!Print
You May Also Like
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these: