This delicious lentil bolognese is not only super easy to make but also healthy & naturally gluten-free. It is packed with proteins and comes together in under 30 minutes.
I love to make delicious recipes, but I don't want to spend hours in the kitchen. This recipe is perfect when you want to eat something quick and filling on a lazy day. It is ideal with pasta or a slice of naan bread, adding some yoghurt or sour cream.
It's so rich, hearty and nutritious. Let's say the perfect lunch? 🙂
Before I share with you the whole recipe, let me tell you how excited I am. This is my very first recipe here on Plant N' Spice. Woooppp woooppp! Let's open the champagne.
But how did I get here? Firstly, five years ago, when I became vegan, after being a vegetarian for a year, I started to share my recipes on Instagram. I wanted to show the world how easy to be vegan. And how amazing foods I can have without hurting anyone. A few years later, this became my passion. I moved to London from Copenhagen to start my photography course. After finishing it, I've had two weddings, many portraits and maternity photoshoots. I enjoyed them, but food photography has always been closer to my heart. And now, in 2022, after a pandemic, I am writing my first blog post for you. Oh wow! Honestly, I am so happy! Maybe no one will read this, but I thought my first post would deserve a little behind the story.
Now let's move on to the recipe!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE THIS VEGAN LENTIL BOLOGNESE RECIPE
- green lentil
- celery stalk - finely chopped
- carrots - finely chopped
- red onion - finely chopped
- garlic cloves - finely chopped
- tbsp tomato puree
- veggie stock
- tomato passata
- brown sugar
- oregano, basil
- olive oil
See recipe card for quantities.
HOW TO MAKE THIS LENTIL BOLOGNESE
1. Firstly, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery with a pinch of salt and cook for about 15 minutes until tender. Make sure you stir it occasionally. Add water if needed.
2. Then, add lentils with the veggie stock and cook them for about 10-15 minutes.
3. When the lentils are half cooked stir in spices, brown sugar, passatta and the tomato puree.
4. After that, you can lower the heat and let it cook until the lentils are tender.
Serve it with spaghetti & garlic bread.
This lentil bolognese is perfect with any pasta, or have it on its own with a slice of naan bread. Add yoghurt or any type plant-based sour cream and nutritional yeast for extra creaminess.
You may also like
Looking for other easy recipes? Try these: