This Korean-style vegan kimchi fried rice with tofu is a spicy, tangy, flavourful, easy midweek meal that comes together quickly using simple ingredients. It is a simple and delicious lunch or dinner idea that you and your family will love.
- 400 grams jasmine rice ( cooked )
- 200 grams kimchi
- 57 grams kimchi juice
- 2-3 spring onions
- 200 grams firm tofu
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp gochujang sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2-3 garlic
- 150 grams frozen peas
- 1 carrot
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- At first, prepare the tofu by pressing it gently between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Prepare your veggies while your tofu is draining. Then, dice the tofu into small cubes.
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or wok. Add the tofu and cook until it becomes lightly browned and crispy on the edges.
- Push the tofu on one side of the skillet, and add the chopped spring onions and minced garlic to the pan. Sauté them for a few minutes until the onions become translucent and the garlic fragrant.
- Add the carrot and peas to the pan and cook them until they are slightly softened.
- Stir in the chopped vegan kimchi and cook for a few more minutes, allowing the flavours to meld together.
- Then, add the cooked rice to the pan. Break up any clumps of rice and stir-fry everything together on a high-heat.
- Lastly, mix the gochujang, soy sauce (or tamari), kimchi juice and sesame oil in a small bowl and pour it over the fried rice. Stir well to evenly coat the rice, tofu, and vegetables with the sauce.
- Cook for a few more minutes until everything is heated and the rice has a slightly crispy texture.
Once everything is heated and the rice is a bit crispy, remove the pan from the heat and garnish the vegan kimchi fried rice with more chopped spring onion, nori strips and sesame seeds or any toppings you like. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Korean
Keywords: kimchi fried rice, rice dish, fried rice