Stuffed mushrooms with vegan cream cheese, herbs, garlic and jalapeños are the perfect starter but could also be a great side or main dish, and it's perfect for any occasion!
Are you looking for your new favourite starter or side dish?
This recipe is ot only easy to make, but also delicious and nutritious; the filling can be made ahead of time. The caps are stuffed with vegan cream cheese, spring onions, herbs, nutritional yeast, dairy-free cheddar cheese, parsley, garlic and jalapenos to give you an extra kick.
I used to eat fried mushrooms all the time when I was a kid. Not this stuffed one, the deep fried one, but I love creating new recipes, and after testing it a few times, I knew I had to share it with you! Speaking about mushrooms! Have you seen my Rich and Creamy Mushroom Stroganoff and my delicious Gnocchi with Creamy Mushroom Sauce recipe?
I hope you'll love this recipe as much as I do!
These easy stuffed mushrooms are our favourite sides or appetizer nowadays. The filling is super cheesy, herby and spicy, but if you can't handle spice, don't add jalapenos. If there's any leftover filling, don't panic. It will be great on your sandwich, or you can also stuff some red bell pepper.
I mean, who doesn't like herby cream cheese?
Why you will love these Stuffed Mushrooms
- They are the perfect starter or side dish - I love these delicious bite-sized stuffed mushrooms. Perfect for any occasion or holiday. Birthday party or your friends coming over, and you need something quick? This recipe is for you!
- It could also be a great main dish served with rice, mashed potatoes or fries - Even though I like them as a starter or side, these mushrooms could be great as a main dish. Serve them with anything you like; mashed potatoes, fries or a big bowl of salad.
- Easy and quick to make - That's why I love this recipe! Like many of my recipes, this one is easy and quick to make, with very little fuss in the kitchen.
- Super delicious - They are our favourites at the moment. Not only delicious but also vegan, dairy- egg and gluten-free too.
Ingredients to make stuffed mushrooms with vegan Cheese
- White or crimini mushrooms
- Spring onion
- Fresh parsley
- Dairy-free nature cream cheese
- Vegan butter
- Dairy-free grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Italian mixed herbs
- Nutritional yeast
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make a vegan cream cheese stuffed mushrooms
You will see how easy to make these stuffed mushrooms. But be careful, because you'll be addicted to them, they are so good!
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Before starting the prep, take the cream cheese out of the fridge; it will be easier to make the feeling if it's at room temperature.
- Then, clean your mushrooms by dusting the caps with a paper towel or quickly rinsing them off under running water.
- Remove and chop the stems and set them aside. Then place them on a baking sheet. Chop your spring onion, jalapenos and parsley too.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and add spring onion and mushroom stems. Saute them for a few minutes, then add mince garlic with a pinch of salt, herbs and a handful of chopped parsley and cook everything for another few minutes.
- Add cream cheese, sauteed onion, stems, garlic, nutritional yeast, jalapenos and grated cheese in a mixing bowl and mix them well with a fork until smooth. Reserve some grated cheese to sprinkle over the stuffed mushrooms before baking them.
- Now, it's time to stuff the mushrooms. Spoon the cream cheese feeling into each mushroom cup and sprinkle with a bit of extra cheddar.
- Make sure you don't overfill them.
- Lastly, bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes. Serve immediately and garnish with more fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
I suggest waiting at least a few minutes after baking so you won't burn your mouth with the super-hot cheese. This might be the hardest part of the recipe!
These vegan cream cheese stuffed mushrooms are best served straight away, but if you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reserve some grated cheese to sprinkle over the stuffed mushrooms before baking them.
- Adding jalapenos to the filling will give you an extra kick. If you don't like spice, simply make it without it.
- Don't overfill the cups and ensure you're not baking them on high heat. Otherwise, you will have a big mess on the baking sheet.
- If there's any leftover filling, don't panic. It will be great on your sandwich, or you can also stuff some red bell pepper. We love those leftover cream cheese fillings.
More Easy Recipes
If you try this recipe, take a photo of your creation, and please tag me on Instagram @plantnspice #plantnspice because I love seeing your remakes!Print
Looking for other easy recipes? Try these: