This puff pastry fruit tart is a delicious, fuss-free dessert. All you need is some puff pastry and your favourite assortment of fresh fruits. It's also a sweet addition to breakfast or brunch, and it's perfect for any occasion.
- 1 puff pastry
- 2 cups mixed berries
- 4-5 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- jam ( optional )
- Unsweetened dairy-free milk mixed with turmeric ( optional )
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Prepare the filling. Combine the mixed berries, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla and lemon zest and juice in a mixing bowl. Gently toss until the berries are coated evenly. Set aside and let it sit for about 10 minutes to allow the berries to release their juices.
- Unroll the thawed puff pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface and cut it into six even pieces. Transfer the cut pastry shapes onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- With a knife, score a 1cm border in all the rectangles. Make sure you don't cut it all through the pastry.
- Arrange the coated fruits on top of each puff pastry shape, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Brush the edges with a milk-turmeric combo, then fold over the berries.
- Bake the mini tarts in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the puff pastry turns golden brown and crisp.
- Remove the tarts from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Brash warmed jam over the fruit to give them an extra sheen.
Once cooled, serve the mini puff pastry fruit tarts as is or with a dusting of powdered sugar, whipped cream, or a scoop of ice cream, if desired. Enjoy!
Make sure to add cornstarch to your fruits. Fruits release their juices as they bake, and without cornstarch, your tarts will be soggy.
Brushing your tarts at the end with jam will add an extra sheen and sweetness to your dessert.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Breakfast, Snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: puff pastry tart, fruit tart, puff pastry fruit tart, berry tart