Creamy vegetable curry loaded with sweet potatoes, cauliflower, spinach and green peas is a hearty and comforting dinner idea that would warm up your soul and body! A perfect meal during this cold weather.
Hello friends, and welcome to another quick and easy recipe on my blog! This week I brought you something saucy, creamy and super delicious. And as always, it is a fuss-free recipe that I'm sure you will love as much as I do!
Since the weather is getting colder and we are stepping into the winter, I'm craving warming, saucy, hearty and comfort foods more than ever.
I like cosy evenings, with my fluffy blanket on the sofa, watching Netflix and eating my favourite meals. And this delicious creamy coconut vegetable curry is one of these meals.
We love curry dishes and have them at least once a week. Especially during autumn and winter. They are so easy to make, and you can use any vegetables you like, or lentils, chickpeas, or whatever you have at home.
This creamy coconut vegetable curry made with sweet potatoes, cauliflower, spinach and green peas is a perfect weeknight dinner. It is delicious, healthy, vegan ( of course ), naturally gluten-free, and like any other curry dish, it tastes even better the day after.
Before I made a final version of this curry, I gave some to my best friend to try. She and her kids loved it. So it is a kid-friendly meal too. 🙂
Reasons you will love this Easy creamy vegetable curry
- It is a perfect meal-prep idea.
- Vegan and naturally gluten-free.
- It is a great way to use up all the leftover veggies from the kitchen.
- You can substitute any veggies you like.
- Delicious, hearty and comforting.
What You will need to make this creamy vegetable curry
- Vegetables: This creamy curry is packed full of vegetables. Use your favourite ones or the ones you have at home. I added onion, sweet potatoes, cauliflower and green peas.
- Curry base: For the curry base, I used onion, garlic, freshly grated ginger, cumin, paprika, curry powder and turmeric.
- Coconut milk: Creamy coconut milk pairs perfectly well with this vegetable curry.
- Veggie stock: Cooking the vegetables in the veggie broth adds more taste to this vegetable curry.
- Cornstarch: This will help to thicken your curry sauce.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make this creamy vegetable curry Recipe
- First, chop the veggies: onion, garlic, sweet potatoes and cauliflower.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, and sauté the onion with a pinch of salt until soft and translucent.
- Then add ginger, garlic, curry powder, turmeric, paprika, cumin and tomato puree and cook for a few minutes. Stir constantly.
- After that, add the sweet potatoes and cauliflower to the curry paste, mix everything, and cook them for a few minutes.
- Now add the veggie stock, mix well, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer with a lid on for about 15-20 minutes until the potatoes and cauliflower are soft. In the meantime cook the rice.
- Add coconut milk, and stir well. Then mix cornstarch with a bit of curry sauce, to make it thicker. And finally, add spinach and green peas and let simmer for a few minutes.
Last but not least, drizzle a juice of a lime, season to taste and serve it with rice or naan bread. Garnish with fresh parsley, coriander, red chilli flakes or vegan yoghurt. Enjoy!
You can store this vegetable curry in an airtight container for up to 4 days and stand up well to freezing for 3 months.
This curry is a perfect meal if you're short on time! It tastes even better the next day or a day after. Add extra chilli to have it spicier, or replace the paprika with smoked paprika for the smokey taste.
Try my sweet potato and lentil curry for another quick curry recipe!Print