This Easy Cashew Alfredo Sauce is a delightful vegan alternative to the classic Alfredo sauce. It's made with raw cashews to create a creamy and rich texture. This recipe delivers a creamy and satisfying sauce that pairs beautifully with your favourite pasta dishes.
- 260 g pasta of your choice
- 360 ml unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 150 g raw cashews ( soaked )
- 30 g nutritional yeast
- 30 g vegan parmesan cheese
- 1 onion ( chopped )
- 4-5 garlic ( minced )
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Firstly, heat a bit of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped onion, a pinch of salt and saute until soft. Then add minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta al dente according to package instructions and reserve some starchy cooking water.
- Combine the soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, sauteed onion and garlic, unsweetened dairy-free milk, salt and lime juice in a blender or food processor.
- Blend the mixture on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the cashew Alfredo mixture to a saucepan and heat it gently over low heat, stirring frequently, until warmed through.
- Once heated, stir the grated vegan parmesan well until it melts.
- Pour it over cooked pasta and toss to coat the pasta thoroughly.
- Add some cooking water to thin up and cook it for a few minutes until the pasta absorbs the sauce.
- Serve the vegan Alfredo pasta hot and garnish with freshly chopped parsley, fresh grated vegan parmesan and red chilli flakes if you enjoy a bit of heat.
- Reserve some of the pasta cooking water before draining it. When you combine the cooked pasta with the cashew Alfredo sauce, gradually add small amounts of the reserved pasta water to the sauce. The starchy water helps bind the sauce to the pasta, creating a smoother and silkier consistency.
- To make the sauce super creamy, soak the cashews overnight or for at least two hours in water. However, if you are short on time, 20 minutes in boiled water will do too.
- Make sure you use unsweetened dairy-free milk to make the sauce.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dinner, Pasta
- Cuisine: American, Italian
Keywords: cashew alfredo sauce, cashew pasta, vegan cashew pasta