This comforting creamy vegan tomato soup recipe features perfectly roasted tomatoes, garlic, and onions, all blended to creamy perfection. This recipe is both easy to make and incredibly satisfying.
- 900 g tomatoes
- 7 cloves garlic
- 2 onions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 + 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 + 1/2 tsp Italian mixed herbs
- 400 ml veggie broth
- 150 ml dairy-free cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the halved tomatoes, chopped onion, and garlic cloves in a large baking tray. Drizzle with two tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss everything together to coat evenly.
- Roast the tomato mixture in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the tomatoes and onion are soft and slightly caramelized.
- Once the roasted tomatoes are ready, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly. Then, transfer them to a blender, add the Italian mixed herbs, smoked paprika, salt and pepper to taste and blend until smooth.
- Then, transfer the roasted tomato mixture to the pot and stir in the veggie stock and the dairy-free cream. Simmer for 5-10 minutes to heat through and until it thickens.
Serve your creamy vegan roasted tomato soup with crusty bread, a grilled cheese sandwich, a side salad and additional dairy-free cream while it's hot, garnished with fresh basil leaves if desired.
The addition of dairy-free cream makes this soup even creamier and more indulgent.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted tomato soup, tomato soup, vegan soup, soup, creamy soup