This comforting creamy vegan tomato soup recipe features perfectly roasted tomatoes, garlic, and onions, all blended to creamy perfection. This recipe is both easy to make and incredibly satisfying.
Since the summer is over and the weather is getting colder, I'm craving more comfort food than ever. For me, fall is the perfect season to enjoy the comforting and delicious creamy soups and pies or try another pastry recipe.
Speaking about comfort food. Have you seen my Easy and Creamy Vegetable Pie with Puff Pastry, my Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta, Easy Tomato and Cashew Cheese Tart or my Pasta with Vegan Cream Cheese and Cherry Tomatoes? These are my absolute favourite recipes. Go and check them out if you haven't seen them yet, and let me know how you like them.
- Creamy Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup
- Why you will love this recipe
- Ingredients & Substitution Ideas to make this Roasted Tomato Soup
- How do you make creamy roasted tomato soup?
- Serving Suggestions
- How to store Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup
- Tips and Tricks
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Creamy Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup
- More Appetiser Recipes To Try
- More Recipes You Will Love
This soup is a delightful choice for any season, whether a chilly winter evening or a sunny summer day.
Busy weeknight? No problem! You can make this wholesome meal in no time using only a few ingredients. But not only that! This soup doesn't break the bank, making it perfect for anyone looking for affordable and delicious meal options; hence, why we love it SO MUCH!
Creamy Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup
This hearty and flavourful dish is a perfect companion to cosy evenings. And if you're a fan of vegan comfort food, this recipe is for you!
It features perfectly roasted tomatoes, garlic, and onions, all blended to creamy perfection. This creamy soup is not only easy to make, but it's also delicious, hearty, satisfying and naturally gluten-free.
When I made my creamy butternut squash soup last year, I knew the next soup recipe would be this tomato soup, so now I am super excited to share the recipe with you. But before that, let me tell you...
Why you will love this recipe
- Quick and easy to make. ( like all my recipes 🙂 )
- Comfort food
- Satisfying and filling
Ingredients & Substitution Ideas to make this Roasted Tomato Soup
Here's what you will need to make this easy and creamy vegan roasted tomato soup:
- Tomatoes: The star of the show. You can use different types of tomatoes, such as cherry tomatoes or heirloom tomatoes, for a unique flavour.
- Onions: The main ingredients for all my recipes. Swap the regular onions for red or shallots to add a slightly different flavour to the soup.
- Garlic: Onion and garlic is a must. ALWAYS. For the extra flavours. Alternatively, you can use garlic powder or minced garlic from a jar if you're short on time.
- Olive oil: For roasting. Replace olive oil with vegetable oil if you prefer a different type of oil.
- Veggie broth: If you don't have vegetable broth, you can substitute it with vegetable bouillon cubes or vegetable stock. Adjust the amount of salt accordingly.
- Dairy-free cream: For the extra creaminess. Alternatively, you can use coconut milk instead of the dairy-free cream. I tried with coconut milk, too, which was delicious but less creamy and rich.
- Smoked paprika: It gives smoky flavour to the soup.
- Italian mixed herbs: For the herby flavour. Experiment with different herbs like thyme, rosemary, or parsley for added depth of flavour. Fresh herbs can be used instead of dried for a more intense aroma.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Red chilli flakes: Optional. If you like a bit of heat.
For the full recipe and quantities, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
How do you make creamy roasted tomato soup?
Here's a simple recipe to make this easy and flavourful vegan dish:
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the halved tomatoes, chopped onion, and garlic cloves in a large baking tray. Drizzle with two tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss everything together to coat evenly.
- Roast the tomato mixture in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the tomatoes and onions are soft and slightly caramelized. Meanwhile, you can make your grilled cheese sandwich, crusty bread or whatever you prefer the soup to serve with.
- Once the roasted tomatoes are ready, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly. Then, transfer them to a blender with all the juices, add the Italian mixed herbs, smoked paprika, salt and pepper to taste and blend until smooth.
- At last, transfer the roasted tomato mixture to the pot and stir in the veggie stock and the dairy-free cream. Simmer for 5-10 minutes to heat through and until it thickens.
Serve your creamy vegan roasted tomato soup with crusty bread, a classic grilled cheese sandwich, or a fresh side salad and additional dairy-free cream while it's hot, garnished with fresh basil leaves if desired. The addition of dairy-free cream makes this soup even creamier and more indulgent.
This dish is so versatile that you can even serve it with my cheesy garlic bread.
Serve it as an appetizer, side dish, or a comforting main course.
I hope you will love it as much as I do!
How to store Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup
If you have any leftover creamy soup, you can store it in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Ensure you let the soup cool down before putting it in the fridge. It can be stored in the freezer for 2-3 months.
Tips and Tricks
Choose Ripe Tomatoes - Opt for ripe, flavourful tomatoes. Vine-ripened or heirloom tomatoes often have a sweeter and richer taste.
Experiment - Feel free to experiment with different variations, such as adding roasted red peppers, carrots, or other vegetables for unique flavours.
Let It Rest - After cooking, let the soup rest for a few minutes to allow the flavours to develop before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use canned tomatoes if fresh ones aren't available or in season. Choose high-quality canned tomatoes, preferably whole, peeled or diced tomatoes, for the best flavour.
Common dairy-free cream substitutes includes coconut milk (full-fat), cashew cream, almond milk, oat milk, or soy milk. These alternatives provide creaminess without the need for dairy.
Creamy vegan roasted tomato soup can be nutritious, especially with wholesome ingredients. It's rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and fibre from the tomatoes and vegetables.
Thank you for joining me in the kitchen and trying this delicious recipe! Your feedback means the world to me, so if you loved this dish, don't forget to rate the recipe and share your thoughts in the comments below. And hey, let's connect on Instagram too! If you share your creations and tag me @plantnspice, I'd be thrilled to see your delicious masterpiece.
Happy cooking and happy eating!Print
More Appetiser Recipes To Try
Looking for other easy appetiser or side recipes like this? Try these:
More Recipes You Will Love
Looking for other easy recipes? Try these: