This rich and satisfying creamy vegan mushroom pasta is ready in 30 minutes, and it's perfect for both weeknight dinners and special occasions.
If you follow me on any social media platform or just like to read my blog, you know how much I love pasta, because pasta is life. Am I right? And if it's creamy, delicious, easy and quick to make - that's it, I'm sold!
This dairy-free goodness is comforting, satisfying, packed with wholesome ingredients, and perfect any time of the year; hence, I love it so much and make it very often. And the best thing about it? It can be ready in less than 30 minutes using only a few ingredients.
For more creamy dishes, check out my Easy and Creamy Vegan Cashew Alfredo Sauce, my Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Pasta, my Rich and Creamy Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff or my Creamy Tomato Gnocchi recipes. And, of course, there are many more; search for "creamy", and you'll find my favourite recipes.
- Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta
- Why you will love this Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta?
- Ingredients to make creamy mushroom pasta
- how to make creamy mushroom pasta
- Variations And Additions
- How to store and reheat
- WHAT TO SERVE WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM PASTA:
- more mushroom recipes
- Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta
- More recipes you'll love
Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta
Creamy mushroom pasta is the dish I often make because it's so simple yet super delicious. I don't know why I never thought of sharing the recipe with you. But it's okay; everything happens at the right time, as I used to say, so please welcome one of my favourite recipes, this tasty creamy mushroom pasta. You'll see how easy it is and I hope you'll love it as much as I do.
It is incredibly versatile; add extra veggies or protein sources and make it with your favourite pasta. Perfect for a cosy night in or an impressive dish for guests, a lazy weekend or a busy weeknight; this recipe is for you! An absolute winner!
Why you will love this Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta?
You can't not like this recipe. It is an easy, quick-to-make, delicious and budget-friendly comfort food. It offers a perfect blend of earthy flavours and velvety textures without a drop of dairy. So whether you're a devoted plant-based eater or simply seeking a delicious twist on a classic favourite, you and your family will love this recipe.
This recipe is not only delicious, but also creamy, healthy, and vegan and can easily be made gluten-free. That's why you will love it! To make it gluten-free, you need to buy the gluten-free pasta.
Ingredients to make creamy mushroom pasta
Here's what you will need to make this creamy vegan mushroom pasta:
- Vegetable oil - to fry the onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Mushrooms - use your favourite ones or mix them.
- Dairy-free butter - I love adding a bit of butter alongside the oil to make the sauce even more creamy.
- Onion - use white or yellow.
- Garlic - I love this recipe with lots of garlic, so I added five big cloves. You can either chop or mince them.
- Nutritional yeast - for the cheesy flavour.
- Pasta of your choice - this dish is delicious with spaghetti, tagliatelle or penne. It would be great with any pasta.
- Vegetable broth - for the extra flavours.
- Dairy-free cream - the secret to this recipe.
- Thyme - I used dry thyme, but you can add a fresh one if you prefer.
- Salt and pepper - to taste.
For the full recipe and quantities, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
how to make creamy mushroom pasta
- Firstly, cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- In the meantime, heat butter and a bit of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms into the mix and cook until they turn golden brown and tender.
- Then add the sliced onion to the mushrooms and sauté with a pinch of salt until translucent, then after a few minutes add garlic and stir it together.
- Pour in the dairy-free cream and vegetable broth, giving it a gentle stir. Add the nutritional yeast for that delightful cheesy flavour, thyme, salt, and pepper. Let it simmer for a few minutes, allowing the flavours to blend.
- Once your pasta is al dente, drain it, combine it with the creamy mushroom sauce and cook them together for a minute or two until everything is heated through.
Serve your creamy vegan mushroom pasta hot, garnished with freshly chopped parsley or basil, for that extra touch of freshness.
For the extra cheesiness, sprinkle some nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan.
Variations And Additions
- Add vegetables: This pasta is so versatile. You can add any veggies you like. It would be delicious with sweetcorn, courgette, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, spinach or kale.
- Spice it up: If you enjoy a bit of heat, sprinkle some red pepper flakes over the finished dish for a touch of spice.
- Fresh herbs: Add a pop of freshness and colour to your dish by garnishing it with chopped fresh herbs like parsley, basil or thyme.
- Vegan protein: Boost the protein content of your pasta dish by adding cooked and seasoned vegan protein sources like tofu, tempeh, or seitan.
How to store and reheat
As with all creamy dishes, this creamy vegan mushroom pasta is best served right away, but if you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat it in the microwave with a splash of water.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM PASTA:
Serve it with a delicious fresh side salad with some grilled veggies, but it would go well with my easy and cheesy vegan garlic bread as well.
Absolutely! While recipes often call for cremini or button mushrooms, feel free to experiment with various types like shiitake, portobello, or wild mushrooms for different flavours and textures.
Yes! Use gluten-free pasta for a gluten-free version of creamy vegan mushroom pasta. Check the ingredients to ensure all components, including broth and seasonings, are gluten-free if needed.
Nutritional yeast adds a cheesy flavour, but if you don't have it, consider using a bit of tahini, or a sprinkle of your favourite vegan cheese alternative.
more mushroom recipes
Thank you for joining me in the kitchen and trying this delicious recipe! Your feedback means the world to me, so if you loved this dish, don't forget to rate the recipe and share your thoughts in the comments below. And hey, let's connect on Instagram too! If you share your creations and tag me @plantnspice, I'd be thrilled to see your delicious masterpiece.
Happy cooking and happy eating!Print
More recipes you'll love
Looking for other easy recipes? Try these: