Creamy tomato gnocchi is an easy, comforting and quick midweek dinner recipe that comes together in less than 30 minutes using simple ingredients.
Oh, hello there! I am super excited about this week's recipe and can not wait to share it with you! This creamy tomato gnocchi is an easy, comforting and quick midweek meal that comes together in less than 30 minutes using single ingredients. Because, I know, that's all we need during the busy week or on a lazy weekend. I mean, who wants to spend their entire life in the kitchen? Am I right?
So this creamy tomato gnocchi recipe is the perfect lunch or dinner idea when you want to eat something quick and delicious but don't have the time or energy for that.
why you will love this recipe
- perfect meal on a busy or lazy day - this recipe doesn't need too much fuss in the kitchen
- super easy and quick to make - it will be ready in less than 30 minutes
- delicious - my goodness, it is so so yummy
- only a few ingredients are needed to make - super simple ingredients that I am sure everyone has in their kitchen
- creamy - we love creamy dishes, aren't we?
what you will need to make this creamy tomato gnocchi recipe
To make this Creamy Tomato Gnocchi recipe, you will need:
- yellow onion
- tomato puree
- veggie broth
- chopped tomatoes
- soy cream or vegan heavy cream
- nutritional yeast
- Italian mixed herbs seasoning
- brown sugar
See recipe card for quantities.
how to make this creamy tomato gnocchi recipe
- Heat the butter in the large skillet; saute the onion and garlic with a pinch of salt until they are translucent.
- Add Italian mixed herbs seasoning, tomato puree, and a splash of water and cook for a few minutes.
- Then, add the veggie broth, canned chopped tomatoes, cream, brown sugar and nutritional yeast and bring to a boil.
- Toss sauce with gnocchi and let it cook for a few minutes until the gnocchi is soft and serve hot. Garnish with fresh parsley or basil and red pepper flakes if you like it spicy, and Enjoy!
In this recipe, you don't have to precook the gnocchi. Simply let it cook in the tomato sauce.
You can use homemade gnocchi for this recipe, but if you are in a hurry and want something quicker, use a store-bought as I did, or you could substitute it with pasta if you prefer.
It can be easily stored in the fridge for up to 2 days in an air-tight container.
Garnish with fresh parsley or basil and red pepper flakes if you like it spicy. Add more nutritional yeast for a cheesy taste or a handful of spinach for those extra greens.Print