Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta is a hearty and flavourful vegan lunch or dinner idea that comes together in less than 30 minutes. So easy and quick to make using simple and budget-friendly ingredients.
- 200 g pasta
- 80 g sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 350 ml unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 125 ml dairy-free double cream
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 handful spinach
- Cook the pasta. First, cook the pasta al dente according to package instructions and reserve some starchy cooking water.
- Make the sauce. Add tomatoes, nutritional yeast, red chilli flakes, garlic, tomato puree, fresh basil, dairy-free cream and unsweetened milk to a blender, and blend it until nice and smooth. Taste and add salt if desired.
- Cook the sauce. Heat oil from the sun-dried tomato jar in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, a pinch of salt and saute until soft. Pour the sauce into the onion, mix it and simmer on low heat for a few minutes.
- Combine the ingredients. Then stir in the drained pasta, add some cooking water to thin up and cook it for a few minutes until the pasta absorbs the sauce. Add a handful or two of fresh spinach for the extra greens and serve it immediately. Garnish with red chilli flakes, nutritional yeast and fresh basil. Enjoy!
- Make sure to reserve some cooking water after cooking the pasta. This will help to thicken the sauce and make it creamier. Add more if the sauce is too thick to thin it up.
- Don't drain the pasta before adding to the sauce. For the same reason, we are keeping the cooking water. The starchy water on the pasta will help to make the sauce thicker, and it will also help make the dish creamier.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sun-dried tomato pasta, sun-dried tomato sauce, creamy pasta