Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta is a hearty and flavourful vegan lunch or dinner idea that comes together in less than 30 minutes. So easy and quick to make using simple and budget-friendly ingredients.
As you know, guys, I'm a huge fan of pasta. Rigatoni, penne, spaghetti, tagliatelle, you name it, I eat it! I also love easy weeknight dinner ideas using simple, budget-friendly ingredients and creamy sauces. Some of the most popular recipes on Plant n' Spice are like this.
These recipes are not only delicious but also easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Creamy sun-dried tomato pasta
- why you will love this sun-dried tomato pasta
- Here's what you need to make this creamy pasta recipe:
- how to make creamy sun-dried tomato pasta
- Top tip
- More easy creamy recipes to try
- Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta / Easy & Dairy-Free under 30 minutes
- You may also like
Creamy sun-dried tomato pasta
Are you looking for a quick and easy vegan dinner idea that's both creamy and delicious?
Try making this easy and creamy sun-dried tomato pasta! This dish is sure to satisfy your cravings and leave you feeling satisfied. Plus, it's a healthy twist on classic pasta dishes that you'll love.
Perfect for a busy weeknight when you have no energy to cook but still want to eat something quick and delicious. Once you try it, you will want more and more!
why you will love this sun-dried tomato pasta
- Super creamy and delicious - Honestly, this sun-dried tomato sauce is so so tasty. The combination of sun-dried tomatoes, red chilli flakes, garlic, onion, nutritional yeast and fresh basil makes this sauce perfect.
- Easy and quick to make - As much as I love cooking, I don't like to spend a whole day in the kitchen. This creamy pasta is ready in less than 30 minutes using simple and budget-friendly ingredients, hence why I love it so much.
creamy Sun-dried Tomato Pasta Ingredients
Here's what you need to make this creamy pasta recipe:
- Pasta - You can use any shape of pasta that you like. I used pappardelle, but it would be great with penne, rigatoni, tagliatelle, or whatever you have at home.
- Sun-dried tomatoes - I used jarred sun-dried tomatoes with oil for the extra taste. I haven't tried without the oil, so I'm unsure how it would work with different type of sun-dried tomatoes.
- Dairy-free double cream - There's no creamy pasta without cream, right? This is one of the main ingredients of the dish.
- Unsweetened dairy-free milk - I added some unsweetened dairy-free milk to the sauce to make this dish delicious, creamy and less fatty. I also tried it with cream only, but I found it too heavy. So it's a great idea to loosen up your sauce and make it a bit lighter by adding some milk.
- Onion & garlic - As always this is the base of my recipe.
- Fresh basil - Okay, let's talk about this deliciousness. When I first tested this recipe, I tried it with dried oregano and Italian mixed herbs, which worked fine. The pasta was delicious, but when I added fresh basil to the sauce, it put it to the next level. So I would recommend using a fresh one instead of the dry one.
- Red chilli flakes - I love a little heat to my meals but feel free to leave it out if you don't. It is optional.
- Tomato puree - For the extra flavour and colour.
- Nutritional Yeast - For the extra cheesy flavour. I love nutritional yeast, don't you?
- Spinach - For the extra greens and colours.
- Oil from sun-dried tomatoes - To sauté the onion and cook the sauce. It also gives extra flavour to your dish, rather than using olive oil.
See the recipe card for quantities.
how to make creamy sun-dried tomato pasta
- Cook the pasta. First, cook the pasta al dente according to package instructions and reserve some starchy cooking water.
- Make the sauce. Add tomatoes, nutritional yeast, red chilli flakes, garlic, tomato puree, fresh basil, dairy-free cream and unsweetened milk to a blender, and blend it until nice and smooth. Taste and add salt if desired.
- Cook the sauce. Heat oil from the sun-dried tomato jar in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, a pinch of salt and saute until soft. Pour the sauce into the onion, mix it and simmer on low heat for a few minutes.
- Combine the ingredients. Then stir in the drained pasta, add some cooking water to thin up and cook it for a few minutes until the pasta absorbs the sauce. Add a handful or two of fresh spinach for the extra greens and serve it immediately.
Garnish with red chilli flakes, nutritional yeast and fresh basil. Enjoy!
- Pasta - To make this dish, you can use any type of pasta you like. My usual favourite ones are penne, rigatoni and tagliatelle. They would also work well with this recipe.
- Protein - Add some protein to the dish if you like. Tofu, vegan sausages or any other vegan meat substitute would be delicious and a great idea. I would cook them with the onion before adding the sauce. And set aside. Then add it back to the creamy sauce.
- Spicy - Play with the spices by adding chilli sauce or red chilli flakes to the sauce. I really like it with a bit of heat. If you don't, feel free to leave it out.
As with all creamy dishes, this creamy sun-dried tomato pasta is best served right away, but if you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat it in the microwave with a splash of water.
- Make sure to reserve some cooking water after cooking the pasta. This will help to thicken the sauce and make it creamier. Add more if the sauce is too thick to thin it up.
- Don't drain the pasta before adding to the sauce. For the same reason, we are keeping the cooking water. The starchy water on the pasta will help to make the sauce thicker, and it will also help make the dish creamier.
More easy creamy recipes to try
You may also like
Looking for other easy recipes? Try these: