This creamy butternut squash and carrot soup combined with ginger and sage is the perfect autumn recipe. Not only super easy to make but also delicious, nutritious, vegan and naturally gluten-free.
Is there anything more heartening than a cosy bowl of butternut squash soup?
I don't know how about you, but I am craving soups even more since the weather is getting colder.
Even now, when I visit my family in Sweden, I ask my Dad to make some delicious creamy potato soup. My Dad is a great cook; he always has been. He loves creating and trying new recipes, and even though he's not vegan, he makes the best vegan recipes. Stays in the family - they say 😀 This potato soup was one of my favourite dishes when I was a small kid. And now it is such a great feeling to have it again. It brings me back to my childhood. I think I have to recreate it and share it with you! Hmm…next recipe? Shall I?
So yeah, you can tell we absolutely love delicious and healthy soups in autumn, and this butternut squash and carrot soup is our favourite go-to weeknight recipe. It is creamy, nourishing and comes together quickly - perfect for autumn cravings. It is an excellent lunch or dinner idea; it freezes very well and is a great meal prep recipe.
why you will love this recipe
- such a warming lunch or dinner idea during the colder weather
- super easy and quick to make
- vegan & gluten-free
- great meal prep recipe
- the perfect autumn recipe
- only a few ingredients are needed to make
- and last but not least, it is SO SO delicious
butternut squash and carrot soup ingredients
To make this creamy butternut squash and carrot soup recipe, you will need:
- butternut squash
- yellow onion
- vegetable broth
- coconut milk
- salt, pepper and sage
See recipe card for quantities.
how to make butternut squash and carrot soup
- First, chop the veggies. Heat a bit of butter in a large saucepan. Add onion, garlic and ginger and saute until it becomes translucent.
- Add the squash and carrot and cook until it begins to soften. Then, stir in the sage and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the vegetable broth and simmer until the squash and carrots become tender. When the veggies are soft, let them cool. Transfer the soup to a blender and blend until it is smooth and creamy.
- Now, squeeze the lemon juice into the soup, pour coconut milk and bring it to a boil.
- Season to taste and pour it into bowls, garnish with your favourite toppings and enjoy!
Do you fancy more butternut squash recipes? Check out my latest Creamy Butternut Squash penne recipe!
If you try this butternut squash and carrot soup and take a photo of your creamy dish, please tag me on Instagram @plantnspice #plantnspice because I love seeing your remakes!Print