This simple and delicious apple and plum crumble is the perfect autumn dessert for the whole family.
This delicious apple and plum recipe is one of the most comforting recipe you'll ever need.
As you know, I don't really like baking or making desserts, I am more like a pasta girl, but there are some days when I fancy doing my sweets.
So, the last time I chatted with my father and stepmom, we talked about autumn recipes and desserts. I told them I'd love to make a delicious, warm apple crumble with vanilla custard.
When I lived in Copenhagen with a lovely danish family, the landlord lady made it many times with whipped cream, and it was the best! So I thought I would try to make my own and started testing recipes. Adding plum to it was my stepmom's idea and the best because it is even more delicious with it! Apple and plum are an excellent combo during the autumn season.
why you will love this recipe
- easy to make
- budget friendly
- delicious comforting dessert
- great way to use apples and plums
apple and plum crumble ingredients
- white caster sugar
- plain flour
See recipe card for quantities.
how to make apple and plum crumble
- Preheat the oven and prepare the fruits.
- Cook the apples in boiling water for a few minutes if you like them softer. ( I do, haha I have tried without precooking them, but I'd prefer them to be a bit softer )
- Put the chopped plums and apples in a baking dish, add sugar, nutmeg, lime juice and cinnamon and mix well.
- Prepare the crumble topping. Mix the ingredients in a bowl using your fingers.
- Cover the fruit with the crumble mixture.
- Put in the oven and bake until the topping is golden brown. Enjoy!
My favourite way to serve this delicious apple and plum crumble is with vanilla custard. But it would be great with ice cream, whipped cream, yoghurt or simply serve on its own.
I love this crumble recipe because it is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. Instead of plums, you can use pears, cherries, peach or rhubarb. The only thing you might need to adjust is the sugar. Depending on the fruit you are using, you might need to add more or less according to your taste.
If you try this apple and plum crumble take a photo of your creation, and please tag me on Instagram @plantnspice #plantnspice because I love seeing your remakes!