This Easy Vegan Avocado Pesto Pasta is a delightful lunch or dinner idea that comes together quickly using only a few simple and wholesome ingredients. It is delicious, healthy, naturally vegan and gluten-free.
- 225 g pasta of your choice
- 1 avocado
- 3 garlic
- 10 g basil
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 15 g pine nuts
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 80 ml cooking water
- Firstly, cook the pasta according to package instructions and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the ripe avocados, fresh basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, cooking water and a pinch of salt in a food processor and pulse until the ingredients are well blended and you have a smooth and creamy texture. You can adjust the consistency by adding more water if needed.
- Taste the avocado pesto and season with additional salt and pepper as desired. If you like a bit of heat, you can also add red pepper flakes.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the avocado pesto until the pasta is well coated with the sauce. If the pesto is too thick, you can add a splash of pasta cooking water to thin it out.
- Serve the avocado pesto pasta in individual bowls. Garnish with nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves. ENJOY!
Remember, some browning may still occur due to the nature of avocados. However, lemon juice is a natural antioxidant and can help slow down the browning process.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pasta, pesto pasta, avocado, vegan